Hubby wanted pizza this past Friday... And listen.. I ALMOST caved... We moved to Virginia in June.. and we haven't ordered pizza since.... So I didn't even know where to being.. where to order from, etc....
PLUS, I've been doing pretty great following my eating plan.. SO why ruin it?
I tried my hand at CAULIFLOWER crust a few weeks ago... and O M G.. it was nothing but a PIA.. seriously delish.. but not worth the time, effort, or clean up... So... NEVER again :p
THIS on the other hand... 4 ingredients + some spices then your toppings... and WA FREAKING LA!
Want to know more about Keto?? SWEET!! Go here!:p
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzerlla cheese
2 Tbsp cream cheese, cubed
3/4 cups almond flour, blanched
spices of choice: garlic powder, onion powder, mixed herbs (Italian seasoning, or a mix of oregano, basil, and parsley)
*Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper - spray with cooking spray*
- Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium - microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 1 minute, in increments of 30 seconds, and then another 30 seconds if needed
- Whisk egg in a another bowl, add in almond flour and spices
- Add to cheese mixture
- With wet hands, blend the mixture together
- Spread the "dough" thin onto the parchment paper, until even - Use a rolling pin if necessary - avoid any holes
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes, and poke holes if they appear
- Add desired toppings, such as a low sugar/ NSA sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni or sausage, veggies, and spices
- Continue baking for an additional 10-14 minutes, or until slightly golden, and cheese is melted
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes
- Cut into 8 slices