I meal prepped these bad boys for Matt and me this week as our "Tuesday/Thursday" lunches.. and OMG!!! I can't even believe how AMAZING they are!!! I'm not sure why I never thought to stuff a sweet potato before.. OR why I never thought to try one of the many recipes I've seen over the last few months.. But I think I'll be a bit more adventurous now that I'm IN LOVE with this one!! I LOVE sweet potatoes, and I love chicken... and cumin!! THAT'S what makes this even better I think!!! :)
TRY IT OUT!!!
Baked Stuffed Sweet Potato
Serves: 2~ each with 1 potato and 1 cup filling
Total Time: 1 hours. 5 min.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Container Equivalents: 1 Red, 2 Yellow, 1 Spoon
- 2 small sweet potatoes, rinsed and pierced with a fork
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro or 1 Tbsp. dried
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F
- Bake sweet potatoes for 35 - 45 minutes, or until fork tender; cut lengthwise.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, combine chicken, beans, oil, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until hot.
- Top sweet potatoes evenly with chicken mixture, and sprinkle with cilantro
- Serve immediately... OR SKIP the heating process in step 3, and portion out for food prepping!! (THAT'S WHAT I DID!! <3 <3 <3