Autumn's Grandma's Tomato Sauce
Grandma's Tomato Sauce from Fixate Cookbook
Serves: 12 (about 1/2 cup per serving)Container Count: 2 Green, 1/2 tsp
Per serving: Calories 123 * Fat 4g * Sodium 343mg * Carbs 13g * Protein 4g * Fiber 3g * Sugars 11g * Cholesterol 5mg
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste, no salt added
1/4 cup red wine
2 cans (28 oz each) peeled and crushed tomatoes
2 Tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 oz parmesan cheese rind
3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes. Do not let tomato paste burn!
4. Add wine; cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, agave, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
6. Add cheese rind; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
7. Add basil; mix well.
**GREAT with Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs (details to come!)