I saw something for Hummus Crusted Chicken on Pintrest, and although I pinned it.. I never did look at the recipe... I just took the concept, and RAN WITH IT!!!
I know that when you're presented with a meal plan like the one from 21 Day Fix, you could be very overwhelmed, and not know what to pick, or what to make! I totally get it! Often times, I just end up having chicken, veggies, and either rice of sweet potatoes.. BUT there are SO MANY OTHER THINGS YOU COULD DO!!! There's NO reason to ever feel bored with this plan, and I don't recommend that you EVER let yourself get bored... Because guess what? When you get bored, you derive from you plan and you make bad choices!
I've created and/or posted so many yummy ideas to help you not derive from your plan, so I really advise that you "mix it up a bit" if you're feeling bored..
THIS IS A CHICKEN GAME CHANGER!!! <3 <3 <3
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Crusted Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts (about 4 thin pieces)
- 1 large red/orange bell pepper (or 5 mini)
- 4 Tbsp. Hummus (Roasted Red Pepper, or other)
- 1/4 cup natural sundried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt free spicy garlic (or parsley, dash cayenne, onion powder, and chili powder), optional
- Himalyann Sea salt & pepper to taste
- EVOO spray
- Pre-heat over to 350*, and prepare a 9X13 or 8X8 glass dish with EVOO spray
- Trim chicken, if needed
- Slice peppers into strips
- Mix the 3 Tbsp. hummus with the minced garlic, and drained sundried tomatoes, set aside
- Place chicken in dish, season with garlic powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper
- Rub the hummus mixture on each piece of chicken, disperse evenly
- Place peppers on top of chicken
- Sprinkle with spicy garlic seasoning, or parsley (or mixture of seasonings as noted above)
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until there are clear juices running
Container Count~ 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp
Serve with 1 cup or steam veggies, and 1/2 cup brown rice~ add 1 green & 1 yellow
Calories?~ I don't count calories!! I count colors! Or COLORIES!! Why? Because it makes my life SO MUCH EASIER!! I don't always use my little color coded containers to "measure" my food, because I just KNOW what's-what!! BUT I do always measure out my rice, and my fats when portioning out my food!! WHY? Because they are the MOST important components to knowing that I'm 100% ON TARGET with my goals!!