SO how much water is the RIGHT amount of water, AND when should you start drinking it? How can you "spice it up," what benefits does it really have?! Let's chat about it!!
How Much Water Should I Drink?
You should drink half of your body weight in ounces of water daily~ and begin within 30 minutes of waking up!!
SO: if you weight 150 lbs., you'll drink 75 ounces of water per day..
See how easy?! Be sure to track your water intake daily!
When you drink your first glass of water in the morning, it also has MANY BENEFITS!!!!
- Drinking water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning when waking up, purifies your colon, thus making it easier to absorb the nutrients your food holds.
- Drinking water first thing in the morning increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.
- Drinking water aids in weight loss. How? When drinking at least 16 oz of CHILLED water upon waking up, you can boost or shock your metabolism... ALSO even aside from that, you'll feel FULL!! Drinking warm lemon water also has it's own perks!!
- Drinking water upon waking up in the morning can help you have that glowing skin we ALL WANT!!!! Really though, who doesn't want to rid those toxins, and keep their skin clear?
- Drinking water in the morning also aids in balancing your lymph system. Which helps you perform your daily functions, it balances your body fluids, and it helps you fight infections!! HELLO TO FIGHTING INFECTIONS!!!!!!
- Being dehydrated could cause you to be DIZZY!! It could even cause you to have headaches!!! No sources here... Because this is from PERSONAL experience!!
- You're also just not CLEANING out your kidneys the proper way when you're not drinking enough fluids in general!! And a sign of dehydration is when your urine is YELLOW, or a shade of yellow.... Check out the chart below!
There are SO many awesome ways to make water fun!
<<< Here are just a few tips that I like to do when I feel like I'm struggling to get my water intake in....
There are SO many other advantages to drinking water, and I'm going so share some more of them with you!!
- Water takes up 60% of your body!!
- Being thirsty is actually a great indicator that you're NOT up to par with your daily water requirements.
- When you're dehydrated, the first symptom is: THIRST.
- When you're dehydrated, you could have DRY SKIN!
- You're more likely to prevent kidney stones if drinking the appropriate amount of water!!
- Studies have shown that physical performance is impaired when you're dehydrated.
- There's an adverse effect on exercise performance as well, to include decreased sweat rate, and core temperature.
- Dehydration can effect your brain more than you might THINK causing to not be able to think at all!!! All of the important functions of your brain could stop working, or become totally flawed when you're dehydrated. From your memory capabilities, to your mood, and energy level... IN FACT~ It's even been proven that dehydration could SHRINK YOUR BRAIN!! Check out this article from Shape Magazine for MORE on that!!
- You could lose body mass due to dehydration~
WEIGHT LOSS:Obviously when you're choosing water over ANY and ALL sugary beverages, you're going to see and feel a loss in weight!!! There is obviously no "magic weight loss water pill" that you could take to lose weight!! BUT, when you're hungry, chances could be that you're thirsty!!!! Drinking plenty of water while eating your meals throughout the day, as well remaining hydrated throughout the day will help keep you from binging on those "random snacks," as well as from overeating at meals.
Why do you think that 99% of people who are trying to lose weight also try to drink more water? They absolutely go hand in hand!!
Studies have shown that when people drank 34-50oz of water daily for a few weeks, they had a significant reduction in weight, BMI, and waist circumference.
My message to you is this....
- Begin your day with at least 10-16oz of water first thing upon waking!
- Plan to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces throughout the day!!
- Drink at least 9-12oz of water prior to all meals and an additional 10-16oz while eating to prevent overeating!!
- Replace all of your sugary beverages (soda, juice, etc.) and/or artificial beverages (sweetened iced tea, crystal light, sports drinks, etc.) with water!!
- Drink all of your water prior to drinking ANY other beverages other than sparkling water...aside from your coffee/tea of course ;)
- FLAVOR IT UP!!!~Use the MIX-INS that I shared with you in this blog!!! They're EASY, FUN, and FLAVORFUL!!! <3 <3
- TRY sparkling water to JAZZ IT UP!!!! (be cautious that there are NO ADDITIVES, and that it's ALL NATURAL!!)