HERE WE GO!!! Let's get FIESTY! :)
View my classic turkey tacos here!!
-1 Red and Orange Bell Pepper
-1 Medium Onion
-1 lb Lean Ground turkey
-1/4 cup Southwest Seasoning (recipe from 21 Day Fix book- or Mrs. Dash Southwest, or like)
-Shredded Cheese – 6 blue containers worth
-Fat Free Refried Beans – 2 Red Containers worth (I skipped- I don't like them!)
-2 Small Cans Diced Chiles
-2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-12 Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and prepare a 9×13 glass dish with spray...
- Chop up the peppers and onions and sauté them in olive oil about 10 minutes
- Remove from pan and reserve
- Brown turkey, add seasoning, and chilies
- Add pepper/onion mixture and mix
- Layer 6 corn tortillas on the bottom of pan, put half mixture meat/pepper on top (or beans first-if using), layer last 6 tortillas, spoon on more beans, and the rest of meat/peppers.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly!!!
Container Count: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, 1/2 green, 1/2 tsp (per 2in x 2in piece)
*Serve with homemade pico de gallo and add 1/4-1/2 Green, or organic salsa, and add 1/4-1/2 Purple
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
When looking at the ingredients, you'll see "farro," which is a grain, like rice, but better and "puffier..." I RECOMMEND USING THIS!! IF YOU MUST.. then get brown rice (not instant... but you'll be sorry!)
The word enchilada means seasoned with chile (which this recipe is) and when the farro slow-cooks with fire-roasted tomatoes in enchilada sauce, it absorbs all of the flavors and tastes just like corn tortillas that have been dipped in sauce and baked. The finished dish tastes just like cheesy chicken enchiladas.
You’ll be glad that this recipe makes 10 hearty servings! It’s so good, you might want to eat the leftovers for breakfast. It tastes amazing topped with a sunny side-up egg.
Total Time: 3 hrs. 28 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 3 hrs. 13 min.
Yield: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium jalapenos, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
1½ cups dry farro, rinsed (MAY sub another grain, like brown rice, NOT instant)
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes), no salt added
1 cup water
1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. ground coriander
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
3 medium green onions, chopped
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
4. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
6. Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
7. Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.
Container Counts: 1 Green, ½ Red, 2 Yellow, ½ Blue
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
Sweet pineapple and crunchy radishes go perfectly with tender, slow-cooked pork loin in these mouth-watering tacos.
Total Time: 4 hrs. 30 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 4 hours.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
1 lb. raw pork loin, boneless, visible fat removed, cut into 4 large pieces
1 (7-oz.) can sliced jalapeños (optional)
1½ cups tomatillo salsa (or salsa Verde)
½ cup finely cubed fresh pineapple
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
¼ tsp. ground cumin
8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole wheat tortillas), warm
½ cup thinly sliced radishes
1. Place pork loin, jalapenos, and tomatillo salsa in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or until pork is no longer pink and shreds easily.
2. Remove pork from liquid. Cool for 20 minutes. Shred pork, discarding any visible fat.
3. Combine pineapple, shallots, lime juice, and cumin; mix well. Set aside.
4. Top each tortilla evenly with pork, salsa, and radishes.
Container Counts: 1 purple, 1 yellow, 1 red (for 2 tacos)
Challenge Group/Client Application:
I'm always accepting new clients and challengers! Fill out the following application to get notified everything I submit a new recipe/transformation, to be added to a Challenge Group, or even just get in on a FREE Clean Eating Group, Food Prep Group, or Shakeology Knowledge Base Group that I offer on Facebook! I look forward to hearing from you! <3