So, if you're following my journey, then you know that I just finished The Ultimate Reset! If you're not then, you could find my week 1 results here, and my final results and review here!
All through the 21 day reset, I ate some of the most AMAZING food, and tried things I never would've before, and things I never even heard of.
Jicama being one of them! There was a salad that I had at least 4x weekly, that incorporated jicama, and I came to love it.... this isn't it, but I've shared it! However, this jicama and avocado salad is seriously amazing!!!!!
I'm sad that I didn't try it until day 20, but I probably would've had it at least the 3 times allotted during week 3 had I known how amazing it was! :)
I highly recommend giving it a try! Along with the other recipes I've posted from the Ultimate Reset that I've shared! I'll post most throughout the summer as well! :)
Jicama Avocado Salad
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium avocado, cut into chunks
- ½ medium jicama, peeled, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine salt, maple syrup, lime juice, and oil in a small bowl; mix well.
- Combine avocado, jicama, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
- Let salad marinate, covered tightly, in refrigerator for 1 hour or longer before serving.
Nutrition: Calories: 546 - Total Fat: 22 g - Saturated Fat: 3 g - Cholesterol: 0 mg - Sodium: 1,089 mg - Carbohydrate: 93 g - Fiber: 28 g - Sugar: 53 g - Protein: 5 g
Sorry my 21 Day Fixers~ a FULL serving of this isn't really "fix approved..." BUT you could MODIFY it... to 1/2 serving, and have it w/ a small salad, a veggie, or maybe a protein.
1/2 serving of this salad would count as::: 1 Green, 1 Blue, 2 tsp.