So....The Country Heat meal plan... OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! :)
I made half of the recipes already, but this morning I made the Southern Spiced French Toast, and OmG!! SO GOOD!
Southern Spiced French Toast with Bananas and Pecans
Makes 4 servings, 1 slice each
Container Count: 1 yellow, 1/2 purple, 1/2 red, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp (skip the tsp and use spray!)
•4 large eggs (or use 3 egg whites)
•1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
•1 Tbsp. Pure maple syrup
•1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
•4 slices grouted grain or sprouted wheat bread
•2 tsp. EV coconut oil (or coconut oil non stick spray)
•1 large banana, sliced
•1/2 cup chopped pecans (I actually used hazelnuts because that's what I had! They were great!!)
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl.
2. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture for two minutes, one minute each side.
3. Heat oil or spray in a non.stick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add bread to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown,
5. Top each slice with 1/4 banana and 1/8 cup pecans.
**I served mine with 2 organic blueberry chicken sausage links since this isn't a filling breakfast alone (add one red)
**Other modifications could be 2 eggs, or 4 slices turkey bacon to add more protein.