So.... a little over a week ago, I ORDERED the re-fill kit... and I started it last Monday! I already feel amazing! My energy has started to improve, and it's getting easier to get through to days without wanting to snack on anything and everything I KNOW we have in the house... Because after all, I AM home all day.. ALONE.. and when you're home alone, it can be very dangerous when you're trying to behave!! And believe me--- it was hard, but it hasn't been since starting the Reset.
This past Tuesday I had one of my favorite meals! I said last time that I'd keep this meal, and pair with with shrimp or chicken, and cut the carb part 1/2... because it is carb heavy (but that's the point on this day, and the beans are your source of protein, whereas they're usually a carb on my typical plan!)... So, I'd modify for the normal day... But anyway...
I REALLY need to share this with you!!! I'll share the nutritional information with you too, and I'll tell you how you can make it 21 Day Fix approved! :)
Southwestern Veggie Taco
Makes 1 serving
- 1/4 medium avocado, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh pico de gallo
- 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1-6 inch corn tortilla
- 1/4 tsp EVOO
- 1 dash ground chili powder
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- Liquid Aminos to taste
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste (optional)
- Mix rice, beans, EVOO, corn, chili powder, cumin, coriander, liquid aminos, and salt in a medium sauce pot over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado with 1 Tbsp. pico, and reserve 1 Tbsp. pico for taco
- Warm corn tortilla if you'd like (Oven at 325 for 5 minutes, flip in the middle)
- Add rice and bean mixture to corn tortilla, and serve the rest on the side with the guac!
O.K.... The rice and bean mixture will make 1 1/2 cups worth of goodness. Use 1/2 cup, count it as 1 yellow, (1/2 from your rice and bean mixture, 1/2 from your 1 corn tortilla....) ADD a protein to add a red!
1 yellow, 1 red, 1/4 purple, 1/4 tsp (with a 4oz protein added)
If you're following a vegetarian plan: use 1 cup worth of the mixture, you beans are your protein, rice, corn, and tortilla are your carbs. Same counts.