Such as.... blue cheese & BACON stuffed burgers-- WITH BBQ sauce!?
WHAT? How in the WORLD is that O.K. to have on ANY "diet...?" It's not.. that's why this isn't a diet..
IN FACT... the word "diet" simply means the food that you take in on a daily basis... therefore... there is not such thing as "dieting.." we're ALL on a "diet.." It's just a matter of if the food that's on your "diet" is helping you or harming you....
Now that we've cleared that up... let's talk THIS recipe! :p
Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed BBQ Burgers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. 80% lean ground beef, preferably without antibiotics
- 5 slices of nitrate free bacon, diced (I cut mine with kitchen shears!)
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley (or 1 Tbsp. fresh)
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. EVOO
- Apx. 2-3 Tbsp. blue cheese crumbles
- Low sugar/low carb BBQ sauce (I used Tessemae's)
- cooking spray
- 10 slices cloud bread (see below for recipe)
- chop up meat well in a medium mixing bowl
- season meat with onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, sea salt, and pepper; combine well
- combine meat with worchestershire sauce
- add in the diced bacon, and combine well
- heat up a grill pan or large-deep skillet over medium high heat, add EVOO
- using a 1/2 cup measuring cup (sprayed with the cooking spray for easy release), and a small rubber spatula, add meat mixture to the measuring cup, and push up against the sides... creating a "spot" for the blue cheese.
- add apx. 1 tsp. blue cheese crumbles to the opening you've created.
- add more meat on top of the blue cheese, and push down around the sides, filling up the measuring cup, and "pinching" the edges of the burger closed with your spatula (see image)
- add burger to the heated pan, and repeat process.
- after all burgers cooking, cook 5 minutes, and flip for 5 minutes (with a lid- if possible.. these get spitty!) Flip again, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, flip one more time, and let sit 3-5 minutes. (This will give you a medium well feel... adjust for your liking!)
Serve on 2 slices cloud bread, with 1 Tbsp. BBQ sauce.
Macros for burger, with bacon, and cloud bread:
Italian- Garlic Cloud Bread
This is the best cloud bread recipe I've found, BUT I've messed it up more than one time.. BE CAREFUL when you're making the "PEAKS," and be cautious when it's cooking, so you don't burn it!!!
4 large eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 ounces low fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Macros for cloud bread: 43 calories -.3g carbs - 2.8g fat - 3.7g protein for 2 slices!
Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you enjoy this original recipes (the burgers-- not the bread! :p AND I hope you find peace in knowing that you're not alone on your journey... Whether that be a health and fitness journey, or your Keto journey! I'd love to chat with you-- Email me and we can chat, or even think about joining me in any of my monthly groups! I run free monthly challenges, as well as paid groups that require a bit of skin in the game, but they'll get you to your goals!!!
Fill out the application below to be considered for any option! <3